Document view Toolbar¶
By default the tool-bar has six sections for different tool types: Object view mode, view options, pivot placement, pivot_orientation, navigation, and selection filter. All sections have separators which have two modes: the buttons in any section are shown if the separator is in on-mode or hidden behind the corresponding separator if the separator is in off-mode . To hide or show back the buttons in the section the corresponding separator should be clicked.
Object view mode
- only the outlines of object are shown.
- the bounds of the object are filled with non-transparent color, the bounds are not shown.
- the bounds of the object are filled with non-transparent color, the bounds are also shown.
- the bounds of the object are filled with transparent color (the objects behind could be seen), the bounds are also shown.
- If on, the selection hierarchy is visualized with semi-transparent bounding-rects (light-blue color).
- Toggles guide line visibility.
Pivot (center of transformation) placement
- The pivot is placed at the origin of the active object.
- The pivot i placed in the center of the selection
The pivot location options are explained in more detail in the Manipulation tool properties chapter.
- pivot orientation follows global coordinates: The x- and y-axes of the pivot coincide with the global x- and y-axes.
- pivot orientation follows “local” coordinates: The orientation of the x- and y-axes point to the direction of the active objects parent group.
- pivot orientation follows “object” coordinates: The orientation of the x- and y-axes point to the direction of the active object.
The pivot orientation options are explained in more detail in the Manipulation tool properties chapter.
- Zoom to the maximum hardware limit of the current document.
- If something is selected, the document view is focused around this selection.
- Shapes (Polygons, Ribbons, …)
- Point objects (not components)
- Procedural object
The document view tool-bar is located on top, the document view. In the default configuration, this container contains a set of common, frequently required actions, grouped in the following sections:
- Display style
- Sets the document Display style attribute. This affects the style how the structure is drawn. See also: document.
- Group indicators and guide display
The first action turns the display of group indicators on or of by setting the Show Group Membership of selection attribute. If group indicators are on, the bounding box of each selected object or group is marked with a semi-transparent rectangle.
If guide lines are disabled, snapping on guide lines is also disabled.